It's as easy as 1-2-3 to get your ePortfolio Blog up and running!
- Create a Git repository on the Web service of your choice (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or your school's Git service) and copy the HTTPS address of your Git repository to your clipboard.
- Run the setup wizard for the GitSync Plugin and follow the provided instructions.
- And you are done! Visit the Grav Admin Pages panel to start editing and creating your site page.
Here is a video walkthrough of setting up a ePortfolio Blog, where the Git repository is created while completing the Git Sync wizard.
Suggested Next Steps
- Explore the Grav documentation at learn.getgrav.org
- Visit the Page panel to edit and create pages in your site
- Check out the available Gantry theme settings
- Learn about the included Gantry 5 Framework
Want to edit your ePortfolio on your Mac or Windows computer when using GitHub? Here's how:
- Download and install GitHub Desktop
- Go to your GitHub repository and tap on the
Clone or downloaddropdown button, and then choose
Open in Desktop
- Choose the location of your local GitHub repository
- And you are done!
You can now edit your ePortfolio Blog pages locally using the text editor of your choice (i.e. Atom or Adobe Brackets). To upload any changes back to your repository and live site, use the
Publish buttons in GitHub Desktop. Interested in learning more? Visit the GitHub Desktop Documentation.
Can you update your ePortfolio Blog using an iPad? Yes you can, check out this iPad Workflow for Updating Grav Website through GitHub article.
Want to no longer display this page on your site? Delete the page "Setup Guide" on your Pages panel or set the page's
Published option under the
Options Tab to